Thursday, October 29, 2009

Basque-ing in the sunny weather

Well folks, I'm in Bilbao, for what looks like my last scheduled mission.  It's been a zany few weeks!  I shuttled between Paris, Stockholm, Brussels, and now here, in Spain.  And it's pretty grand!

I wonder what Bilbao has in store for me.  I'm not really sure what to expect, but the Basques certainly like their X-es.  The language is chock full of 'em.  I will strive to discover why!

Meanwhile, work has me staying in a 5-star hotel in the very heart of the city.  We passed the Guggenheim on the bus into town.  It looks like a shiny, silvery snail.  Pretty though.  From tomorrow I'll be staying at a slightly less fancy, mere 4-star hotel.  I don't know how I'll manage.  I love traveling outside of high season, the prices are just so much better!

Now then, off to luch!  Let's see what this place has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. I have friends there, among them the only real Spanish redhead I know. You could drop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, beginning with a 5-star hotel to end up in a 4-star... And I am complaining about my life...

    ReplyDelete