Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Awake, bored but cashing in

It's 4:30 am. I'm at the offices of a french TV news channel.  We've been here since 0h30.  Still haven't worked for so much as 30 seconds.  Just told we have to stick it out longer.  Which means more money.  But also more time without sleep.

Later today I'll be giving my first class at my former university.  That'll be funny, considering how utterly zonked I'm going to be.  And afterwards I come right back here for some more "work".  Hopefully we will eventually get to interpret.  There's a pleasant, collegial and relaxed atmosphere - hard to imagine anything else at this time of night (and with a strike going on throughout the country as a bonus!)

I don't know whether I'm still making sense.  I don't think it's a requirement at this hour anymore.  The only legitimate reason for being up at this hour is to go fishing.

1 comment:

  1. Just been catching up on your adventures. We're all on the road again so to speak, Pete having resumed his walk. I have a trick for slaughterhouses; a big dollop of Origins "Peace of Mind" under my nose and strong mint drops but wait till you visit pig farms. That requires a big scrub and a complete change of clothes and a garbage bag for the dirty laundry to avoid contamination of the clean stuff. Tunisia ? I'm really jealous. I hope we bump into each other sometime.
    S

    ReplyDelete