Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why is it so COLD ????

It's insane.  It's caricatural.  It's just plain bone-chilling.  And I'm talking about BRUSSELS.  Who expects -10 degrees in Brussels?  I mean sure, Canada is synonimous with howling winds, fell winters, white-outs.  But not Belgium.  Not the place who's national vegetable is the endive and an under-sized cabbage.  And just my luck, no central heating.  Come on people, global warming doesn't mean global heat-wave!

I'm back in Paris now.  Somehow I miraculously caught a train running 45 minutes late that left when mine was supposed to (as opposed to mine, which was going to be about an hour late).  Guess that's how trains are punctual these days.   And now I get to once again be homeless for another few days.  Until I fly off to Budapest.  Hurray!  Soon!  Soon, icy cold winters tempered by year-round hot springs, schnitzel and palacsinta!  A fair exchange by my reckoning.

3 comments:

  1. Just don't be a sissy, man!

    The under-sized cabbage... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think this comment should be considered "Commenting live from a crime scene".

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Paris was NOT made for long-johns!

    ReplyDelete